Here are 10 of my favorite fashion and beauty items this Summer. I know, we’re already half way through July, but MOST of these pieces are now on SALE, so I’m glad that I waited to post this! Links to all sales below… And perfect if you still have a vacation coming up, or don’t want to give up on Summer so quickly, as I see Hobby Lobby has with their damn Christmas decorations.
1. The ever in style fedora. This one is light straw, perfect for the hot weather and still stylish enough to not require a beach/poolside setting. I found this particular one at JCrew currently on sale for $14.50!! This is NOT to replace the big floppy sun hats we all love, but to mix it up and add a bit of edge..
2. Which brings me to #2… sun hats are very hot this year in the fashion world – floppy, fringe, ones with pom poms, or “slogan hats”, such as this “dear summer” hat I wore recently in Santorini. I found this at World Market for only $29.99!
3. Ruffled off-the-shoulder dresses. This dress from Revolve is on sale for $59! And there are so many more like this to choose from!
4. WHITE. white shorts, white jeans, white tops… These angled raw hem white jeans are part of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale right now for $38.90!
5. Statement sunglasses. These round Gucci sunglasses are 63% off at Nordstrom Rack, making them only $119.97! Say what?!
6. The cult classic NARS blush “Super Orgasm” (by the way, NARS has created an entire Orgasm collection for Summer that includes a blush, satin lipstick, lip gloss and illuminator). “Super Orgasm” is the same shade as the original “Orgasm”, but with gold glitter. Glitter makes everything better. This will probably never go on sale, but worthy of my list, none the less. $30 at Sephora
7. Mac Amplified lipstick, which produces a creamy high shine finish, in the shade “Impassioned”. This is a prefect Summer shade, kind of like watermelon. I am obsessed. When Delta lost our luggage on our trip to Greece, the first thing I bought was a lipstick from the airport Mac store- which is where I discovered this glorious shade of Summer!
8. One-piece swimsuits are back. I’ve been on strike since the age of 10, but I bought this adorable one-piece white swimsuit this year. I was surprised to find it at Forever 21 and it was less than $30! Unfortunately, it is now sold out, but this one is almost identical and comes in black for $38.
9. Florals. This peach dress with magnolias is not on sale right now, but still only $44.99 at DressUp Boutique. However, Marshalls and TJ Maxx have several floral dresses, rompers, and tops for super low prices right now… you just have to be willing to hunt. The black and white sundress that I am wearing in the image up top also came from DressUp Boutique and was on sale for only $25! Look for “final sale items” on the rack in the back of the store… this includes items with a flaw (this one was missing a button), or items that are last of it’s kind in the store. The discounts are huge.
10. Statement necklaces… these can be paired with a cocktail dress or a simple white tee, jeans, and strappy shoes. I shop for these at Stella & Dot, Kate Spade, JCrew and Baublebar. Baublebar always seems to be having a sale. I LOVE this Nomad necklace from Stella and Dot. It is currently on sale for $83.85.
And this is more of a layering necklace than a statement necklace, but I just picked up this tiered Y necklace at the #Nsale (Nordstrom Anniversary Sale) for only $23.90!
In my opinion, Summer has just begun. Happy shopping!