Thank you, Karl Lagerfeld for creating a line of clothing and accessories that are affordable! For those not familiar… Karl Lagerfeld is a photographer and the Creative Director for Chanel. He has worked with many fashion houses throughout his career. He has been loved, as well as hated by many. He continues to lead not only Chanel, but Italian brand Fendi, in addition to curating own designs, including this coat that I picked up for$100(can you believe it?) from his Karl Lagerfeld Paris collection.
Fashion icon, Jackie O… Quite possibly one of the most memorable fashion ensembles in American history, the pink suit that Jacqueline Kennedy wore on the day that President Kennedy was assassinated, was indeed a Chanel. She was the epitome of a Chanel muse. Her signature oversized black sunglasses and timeless chic style will be mimicked by inspiring fashionistas for generations to come. Here is my stab at a 2017 version of a Jackie O inspired look that works well for work or play. I wore this to an early morning meeting and then to a champagne brunch at Atlanta’s most fabulous french cafe, Le Bilboquet. I want to think that both Karl and Jackie would approve.
Details: Sunglasses by Tiffany & Company | Black distressed jeans by Nordstrom | white shirt by Calvin Klein | black patent heels by Steve Madden (similar style here)| handbag by Kate Spade (similar style here)| black bow bangle bracelet by Kate Spade (similar style here)| gold chain bracelet from Woo Skincare & Cosmetics (similar style here) | Rose gold crossover ring from Nordstrom | black earrings by Baublebar
If you watched any of my InstaStories, then you would have met Erica. Erica is my sister-in-law and NYFW partner in crime. She was a trooper and marched through the city in these 6 inch boots until she almost passed out. On day three, we made our way to Skylight Clarkson Square and after waiting (standing) for almost two hours, we were invited into the Namilia runway show. Once we were in (standing room only), I looked over and Erica was on the floor. My feet, however seemed to have went numb and the pain dissipated as the Disney music came on and the models walked down the runway in the most outrageous designs that I have EVER seen in person. Just take a look here. Worrrrth it. After all, standing is the new sitting.
I wish I could say that I were wearing these Jessica Simpson booties (similar style here) that night. They are super comfortable. Below is my daytime glam look. This would work nicely for the office, daytime shopping, or a night out. It’s all about versatility. I wore this to DUMBO on a beautiful Saturday afternoon to take in the view of the city and then we went for cocktails at a speakeasy called Bathtub Gin, cleverly hidden beyond a secret door in a coffee shop located in Manhattan’s Chelsea neighborhood.
This Express dress (now on sale 40% off!) is a classic shape sheath with small balloon sleeves and a simple bow belt. You can take a classic style (look for a cocktail dress at your local consignment shop) and make it new by adding accessories, and mixing patterns and textures, like I did here with these Simply Vera by Vera Wang polka dot tights. Then, I glammed it up with a glitzy statement necklace and earrings from Sugarfix by BaubleBar (this is Baublebar’s line for Target!), cocktail ring from Tiffany & Co and my favorite black go-to bag for Fall/Winter by Kate Spade (similar style here, no tassel).
Here are 10 of my favorite fashion and beauty items this Summer. I know, we’re already half way through July, but MOST of these pieces are now on SALE, so I’m glad that I waited to post this! Links to all sales below… And perfect if you still have a vacation coming up, or don’t want to give up on Summer so quickly, as I see Hobby Lobby has with their damn Christmas decorations.
1. The ever in style fedora. This one is light straw, perfect for the hot weather and still stylish enough to not require a beach/poolside setting. I found this particular one at JCrew currently on sale for $14.50!! This is NOT to replace the big floppy sun hats we all love, but to mix it up and add a bit of edge..
2. Which brings me to #2… sun hats are very hot this year in the fashion world – floppy, fringe, ones with pom poms, or “slogan hats”, such as this “dear summer” hat I wore recently in Santorini. I found this at World Market for only $29.99!
3. Ruffled off-the-shoulder dresses. This dress from Revolve is on sale for $59! And there are so many more like this to choose from!
4. WHITE. white shorts, white jeans, white tops… These angled raw hem white jeans are part of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale right now for $38.90!
5. Statement sunglasses. These round Gucci sunglasses are 63% off at Nordstrom Rack, making them only $119.97! Say what?!
6. The cult classic NARS blush “Super Orgasm” (by the way, NARS has created an entire Orgasm collection for Summer that includes a blush, satin lipstick, lip gloss and illuminator). “Super Orgasm” is the same shade as the original “Orgasm”, but with gold glitter. Glitter makes everything better. This will probably never go on sale, but worthy of my list, none the less. $30 at Sephora
7. Mac Amplified lipstick, which produces a creamy high shine finish, in the shade “Impassioned”. This is a prefect Summer shade, kind of like watermelon. I am obsessed. When Delta lost our luggage on our trip to Greece, the first thing I bought was a lipstick from the airport Mac store- which is where I discovered this glorious shade of Summer!
8. One-piece swimsuits are back. I’ve been on strike since the age of 10, but I bought this adorable one-piece white swimsuit this year. I was surprised to find it at Forever 21 and it was less than $30! Unfortunately, it is now sold out, but this one is almost identical and comes in black for $38.
9. Florals. This peach dress with magnolias is not on sale right now, but still only $44.99 at DressUp Boutique. However, Marshalls and TJ Maxx have several floral dresses, rompers, and tops for super low prices right now… you just have to be willing to hunt. The black and white sundress that I am wearing in the image up top also came from DressUp Boutique and was on sale for only $25! Look for “final sale items” on the rack in the back of the store… this includes items with a flaw (this one was missing a button), or items that are last of it’s kind in the store. The discounts are huge.
10. Statement necklaces… these can be paired with a cocktail dress or a simple white tee, jeans, and strappy shoes. I shop for these at Stella & Dot, Kate Spade, JCrew and Baublebar. Baublebar always seems to be having a sale. I LOVE this Nomad necklace from Stella and Dot. It is currently on sale for $83.85.
And this is more of a layering necklace than a statement necklace, but I just picked up this tiered Y necklace at the #Nsale (Nordstrom Anniversary Sale) for only $23.90!
In my opinion, Summer has just begun. Happy shopping!